Woodsford Litigation Funding Limited (“Woodsford”) of 8 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3SR is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any information Woodsford collects from or about you, or that you provide to Woodsford, will be processed by Woodsford. Please read the following privacy notice carefully to understand Woodsford’s views and practices regarding your information and how Woodsford will treat it.
BACKGROUND ABOUT WOODSFORD
Woodsford is a private limited liability company incorporated in 2010 in the United Kingdom.
Woodsford is a third party litigation funding provider. Woodsford offers a number of services including, single case funding, portfolio funding, arbitration funding and law firm financing. For further information about the services Woodsford provides please see here.
INFORMATION WOODSFORD COLLECTS
Woodsford generally collects information directly from you (by communicating with you through email, phone or otherwise), from service providers (such as your instructed lawyers and other experts), other business contacts and third parties or sources (including publicly available sources).
Generally the type of information Woodsford collects includes:
· Name, job title and organisation / employer
· Contact information including email address and telephone number
· Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· Other information relevant to its services
HOW WOODSFORD USES INFORMATION IT COLLECTS
Woodsford uses your information to enable it to provide funding services, primarily third party litigation funding (for a full list of services see here), and to promote its services. Woodsford requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, Woodsford uses your information in the following ways:
· to carry out its obligations arising from any contracts between you and Woodsford and to provide you with the information and services you require from Woodsford
· to provide you with information (may include promotional information) about other services Woodsford offers that are similar to those that you have already enquired about
· to provide you with information (this may include promotional information) about services Woodsford feels may interest you
· internal record keeping
· to improve its services
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
By providing information to Woodsford, you are consenting to Woodsford sharing your information in the following ways:
· Woodsford may share your information with any member of the Woodsford group, which includes Woodsford’s subsidiaries
· Woodsford may share your information with third parties. Any sharing of your information will be made in full compliance with all aspects of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”), unless exempt by other relevant laws
· It may also be necessary to transfer and process your information overseas. When this is needed, information may be transferred to countries or territories around the world. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) who work for or on behalf of Woodsford. The countries could include, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, the United States and other countries outside the EEA. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all aspects of the DPA, unless exempt by other relevant laws
WHERE WOODSFORD STORES YOUR INFORMATION
Woodsford is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Woodsford has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects.
The information that Woodsford collects may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA including Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and the United States. By providing Woodsford with your information, you agree to this transfer and storing.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Woodsford does its best to protect your information, Woodsford cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted using the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
If you have previously agreed to Woodsford using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing Woodsford or selecting the “unsubscribe from this list” button at the bottom of the relevant direct marketing email.
Woodsford’s website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and/or companies have their own privacy notices/policies and that Woodsford does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites and/or companies.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any request may be subject to a small fee to meet Woodsford’s costs in providing you with details of the information Woodsford holds about you. If you would like a copy of the information held that relates to you please write to Woodsford.
If you believe that any information Woodsford is holding that relates to you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email Woodsford as soon as possible. Woodsford will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
CHANGES TO WOODSFORD’S PRIVACY NOTICE
Woodsford may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page. When Woodsford does so, changes in this privacy notice will be effective immediately. If you are a regular user of Woodsford’s services, you should check this privacy notice on a regular basis and ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you wish to contact Woodsford in relation to this privacy notice or have any related questions, please contact:
Woodsford’s Chief Operating Officer: Jonathan Barnes
Address: Monmouth House, 87-93 Westbourne Grove, London W2 4UL
Telephone: +44(0)20 7313 8070